Memories are priceless. Call me a sentimental fool, but I was sorting through the stuff I had stashed around my room and under my bed just now and I found this whole stack of letter and notes from my friends from primary school even till last year.
I realized that there are just some things money can't buy because I wouldn't sell those things of mine no matter how much a person offered to pay. Although they are nothing more than paper and ink, they mean so much. Encouragement notes, farewell cards, birthday cards, new year cards, valentine's day cards, christmas cards - each one carries it's own set of meanings, feelings and reminders of happier times.
I hope, whenever I feel like shit, I can just look to those pieces of paper, (even though most times, when people say they'll ALWAYS be there for you, they never really mean it) and feel better by thinking that are lots of people who do care. :)
But don't you people worry, haha. I'm perfectly fine! I'm not in depression (there's no reason to be, unless it's my Chem grade), not in any trouble (unless my mom FINDS OUT about my Chem grade), and I am not on drugs or suicidal. XD
~
In the moonlight,
I ask him where he goes,
"Out with some friends, don't wait up."
He always manages to come back after
I fall asleep.
No matter how hard I try
To stay awake.
Whose watch was that?
The one in the glove compartment.
It was cheap and tasteless,
Nothing like I have ever seen.
Isn't it yours?
He asks. I'm offended.
As is my intellect.
Does he think I'm stupid?
He tries to lie,
I pretend to believe,
Just so he'll feel better.
After all, he is the man,
Of the house.
Who am I to question?
Months later, we meet sometimes.
He visits,
To buy back his dignity.
I secretly withhold it,
Away from his outstretched hand.
This, my friend,
Is the beauty of divorce.
9:09 PM